The letter below is the comment of the Wandsworth Society regarding the new proposal for a hotel development on the site of Woburn House, 155 Falcon Road. It has been addressed to the Planning Service in Wandsworth council, and to all members of the planning application committee. In order to make it easier, we have linked in the letter the references to the CJAG comments. You might want also to read the complaint sent regarding the treatment given to those comments.
22nd June 2010
The Planning Service
Dear Mr Landsberg,
Re: Application No 2010/1455 Woburn House 155 Falcon Road London SW11.
We are writing to record the Society’s comments on the application to be considered by the Planning Applications Committee on Thursday 24th June.
We are largely in support of those comments made by the Clapham Junction Action Group in their letter dated 2nd June and after consideration of other comments made, we would wish to make the following observations:
1. We endorse the comments made that the height of the proposed building should be limited to seven floors or at worst that a setback should be made to the 8th floor.
2. The economic viability of the scheme should not be a material planning consideration.
3. We are concerned that the parking of cars by both residents of the proposed new flats and the users of the hotel will increase pressure on very limited roadside space available. Could ground level parking under the flats not be provided for the occupiers of the flats?
4. Houses in Mossbury Road will be overlooked by the occupants of the hotel accommodation.
5. If the Committee are minded to grant permission, we consider that a condition should be attached requiring the applicant to submit details at a scale of 1:20 and 1:5 for the external walls, windows and doors and that construction is not to commence until such details are approved to ensure that the design quality of the proposals are achieved.
We hope that these comments will be brought to the Committee’s attention.
for the Wandsworth Society