Planning Forum meeting November 2014: some feedback

Author: Cyril Richert

A planning forum meeting was organised by the Council on Monday 3rd November 2014, 17 months after the last one. Cllr Sarah McDermott, new chair of the Planning Application Committee (PAC) decided to resurrect this meeting, similar to the wish of her predecessor, Cllr Cuff, who eventually abandoned it in July 2013.

 1- Scheme of Delegation

The Council has revised its planning application rules and decided that from this month any application with less than 3 comments (from different households/addresses) will no longer be presented before the Planning Application Committee. Proposals recommended for refusal will only come before the committee if they pass some threshold (10 units for residential). Continue reading

Planning Forum meeting June 2013: some feedback

Author: Cyril Richert

On Tuesday, June 4th, was organised the Planning Forum at Wandsworth Borough Town Hall. You will find below some comments and feedback. As usual, they do not intend to replace any minutes (that we usually receive only a few days before next meeting anyway… 😦 ). Continue reading

Planning Forum meeting November 2012: some feedback

Author: Cyril Richert

On Tuesday, November 6th, was organised the Planning Forum at Wandsworth Borough Town Hall. You will find below some comments and feedback. They do not intend to replace any minutes and are obviously my own views of the meeting (and comments in red).

First of all, lets start with the AOB section that was actually addressed at the end of the meeting. A few weeks ago I emailed the meeting secretary asking to add three points. Continue reading

Planning Forum meeting October 2011: some feedback

Author: Cyril Richert

On Tuesday, October 18th, was organised the Planning Forum at Wandsworth Borough Town Hall. You will find below some comments and feedback. They do not intend to replace any minutes and are obviously my own views of the meeting (and comments in red).

Local development framework update

Development Management Policies Document & Site Specific Allocations Document

An independent inspector was conducting hearings regarding the Council’s planning documents at the beginning of October (the Clapham Junction Action Group was invited to attend on October 11th and we will report about this meeting here soon). Continue reading

Planning Forum meeting July 2011: some feedback

Author: Cyril Richert

On Thursday, July 12th, was organised the Planning Forum [1] at Wandsworth Borough Town Hall. You will find below some comments and feedback. They do not intend to replace any minutes and are obviously my own views of the meeting (and comments in red).

Local Development Framework

Since the last meeting, the Council officers have spent the beginning of the year working on analysing and commenting the responses to the consultation (both comments on the DMPD and  on the SSAD). We have already published an article commenting the direct responses to the concerns raised by CJAG [2]. Continue reading

Planning Forum meeting January 2011: some feedback

Author: Cyril Richert

On Wednesday, January 19th [1], was organised the semi-annual Planning Forum at Wandsworth Borough Town Hall. You will find below some comments and feedback. They do not intend to replace any minutes and are obviously my own views of the meeting.

Local Development Framework

The Proposed Submission versions of the DMPD (Development Management Policies Document) and SSAD (Site Specific Allocation Document), which provide detailed policies to support the delivery of the Core Strategy, were under public consultation until the 10th December 2010.

The Clapham Junction Action Group has submitted a contribution that you can read HERE. We also raised specific point, received some responses and made comments HERE.

Martin Howell presented the purpose of the Local Development Framework documents with slides. Continue reading

Planning Forum meeting Sept 2010: some feedback

Author: Cyril Richert

On Thursday (September, 23rd), was organised the semi-annual (er, last one was November 2009!) Planning Forum at Wandsworth Borough Town Hall.

This time the meeting was chaired by the new chair of Planning Application Committee, Councillor Nick Cuff (replacing Councillor Leslie McDonnell), along with two planning officers: Tony McDonald, Head of Development Control Borough Planner, and Martin Howell, Group Planner, Policy and Information.

Minutes from the meeting should be available on the Council’s website, but apparently the page is no longer updated and last minutes are November 2007. Continue reading

Planning Forum meeting: some feedback

Author: Cyril Richert

On Tuesday (November, 10th), was organised the semi-annual Planning Forum at Wandsworth Borough Town Hall. As usual the meeting was chaired by Councillor Leslie McDonnell, Chairman of Planning Committee, with Tony McDonald, Head of Development Control, John Horrocks (Putney Society), Harvey Heath (Battersea Society), Julia Matcham (CJAG and responsibilities in resident associations), Monica Tross (Wandsworth Society)… etc (I am getting slowly familiar with names, so apology for those I did not name here).

Minutes from the meeting should be available on the Council’s website, but last minutes (6 months ago) are still not available. Below are my own comments. Continue reading

Planning Forum meeting: some feedback

Author: Cyril Richert

On April the 7th, I was invited to attend a Planning Forum at Wandsworth Borough Town Hall. The meeting was chaired by Councillor Leslie McDonnell, Chairman of Planning Committee, with Tony McDonald, Head of Development Control, John Horrocks (Putney Society), Harvey Heath (Battersea Society), Julia Matcham and Peter Deakins (CJAG and responsibilities in resident associations)… and approximately a  dozen others whose names I did not catch or did not know (apologies for that).

I will not give full minutes of the meeting (they should be available here) but I have a few comments.

The meeting started with comments on the previous forum which was… 13th November 2007. Even though there were some exceptional circumstances, it  still puzzles me that no-one in the Council has taken any time for such an important subject as planning discussions with the Community. Continue reading